Link Aadhaar with UAN Account or One Employee One EPF Account. With the implementation of the Aadhaar scheme in the nations, the government made it clear that they were aiming at bringing all sectors of the government and the personal life of the citizens under the Aadhar radar. They started with the bank account seeding and later moved to the linking of Aadhar and PAN details for the filing of the tax papers as well. Thus, it was only obvious that the government will soon do something that was associated with the Aadhar Card and the Employees’ Provident Fund or the EPFs. All directives, associated with Aadhar code linking with the EPF holdings, has been implemented by the Labour Ministry of India. Thus, all people, having EPF holdings must present their Unique Identification Codes.
Why made it mandatory
As each person is given a separate number, it becomes easy for the department to keep track of the details of the EPF accounts. The presentation of the Unique Identification Code is a must and the number must be seeded with the details of the EPF account of any person. This announcement has been made officially by the central government departments.
What is UAN Account and EPF account?
According to the latest decision of the government, they are looking forward to linking not only the UAN but also the Aadhar code. According to the reports, the government has already issued 6 crore UANs. The main objective of the central authorities was to give financial security to people in their old age under the PPF.
On the other hand, the EPF or the Employees’ Provident Fund is meant not only for the government employees. Any person who earns a salary at the end of the month and is associated with a registered company will be allowed to open an account under the scheme. All the activities of the department are monitored by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation of India or the EPFO.. EPF is a scheme that will assist people in getting retirement schemes.
Confusion regarding both accounts
The UAN and the EPF are two different entities, each addressing a separate section. The state and central authorities will be providing the employees, working under the government with the Universal Account Number. The UAN is not an account in itself. It is just a number that will be assigned to a particular person so that the PF account, under the government can be linked to it for better monitoring. On the contrary to popular beliefs, the PF and the EPF are very different accounts. The two are overseen by two different departments. Thus, it is better to have a clear idea about the two accounts. One thing is for certain that in case the person changes the job, they will be able to get the account transferred under the new company. There is no need to change the account or the UAN code.
Benefits of linking
The following are the main reasons for linking the Aadhar Card with the EPF account details:
- Secure ID proof – The main issues that the people working in the department face is making the verification of the identity of the account holder. In case the verification of the person is not done in time, he/she might have problems in withdrawing the money. With the Aadhar Card, verification of the name and ID will become easy.
- Secure residential proof – Another verification done by the department is checking the status of the residential address claims made by the account holder. With the linking of the Aadhar Card, the verification of the address proof will also become easy.
- Secure citizenship proof – Apart from the proof mentioned above, the main thing that the government wants to make sure is that the account holder is a citizen of the nation. According to the rules of the nation, the Aadhar Card is only provided to a legal citizen of the nation.
- Makes verification procedure easy – As the Unique Identification Pass or the Aadhar Card has all the biometric details of an individual, it will make it easier for the authority to check the ID. The need of going through documents can be eliminated and all things can be checked with one click.
- Transferring funds will be easy –
As the government has announced that it is high time that the Unique Identification Code of every individual be seeded with their financial details, the task of seeding accounts in banks and other accounts like the EPF will also have to be seeded with the Aadhar pass promptly. If all financial accounts are connected to one another, errors are less likely to happen. Apart from this, monetary transfers will also become streamlined and effortless.
Process to link Aadhar card to EPF or UAN account
The procedure of linking the EPF or the UAN codes with the Unique Identification Code of the respective person has been made simpler. Scanning the PAN card is the first step that must be tackled so that they can be seeded with respective EPF accounts. The passbook of the bank and the Aadhar card documents have to be self-attested. The scans of these documents will be required in the linking process.
- First of all, the interested candidate will have to log on to the official website to expedite the linking process. They will have to click on the www.epfindia.com link. As soon as this is done, the home page will open up.
- Once you are on the homepage, you will have to bring the mouse pointer on the option that is marked as “For Employees” and left click on it. Clicking the option will activate the next step of the linking process.
- After you have left clicked on the option, you will then have to go to the Services option. Once you reach the option, you will have to click on the “UAN Member e-Seav.” Reaching the option is necessary for activating the next step.
- Once you reach the option and click on it, the software will ask you to type in the UAN number and the correct password. It will be required for reaching the next options.
- As soon as you type in the UAN number and the respective password, you will get the “Update KYC Information” option. You will have to click on the “Profile” potion.
- As the KYC form appears on the screen, you will have to fill in the various fields with the correct information. Then you will have to type in the PF number in the box that has been marked as Current Member ID Box.
- Once this has been done, you will have to upload the scanned copies of the bank account passbook, the PAN card and the Aadhar card for supporting the claims made in the form.
- Once all the documents have been uploaded, and the form has been submitted, the application will be saved in the server. The status of the application will be updated once the application has been checked and verified. You can get information by checking the status of the application via online portal.
Why this is very important
With the assistance of the linking process, the verification process as well as the transfer of the funds will become streamlines. Under normal circumstances, the department takes at least 2 to 3 months for the completing the verifications and transferring the money. By linking all the codes, no extra efforts will be required for the checking and rechecking the ID proof documents. All will be clear with just one click of the mouse. As the bank accounts will also get seeded with the Aadhar Card automatically, the account holder can be rest assures that the money will be transferred in the right account.
As the task of seeding the Aadhar documents with the respective EPF accounts was started, the departments of the government as well as the holders of the EPF accounts are finding it easy to monitor the activities. With the digitization of the entire process, the time span will be reduced drastically.
Read Some Related Articles: