Indus OS and Delta ID to launch Aadhaar authenticated OS for Indians
With the central government’s drive towards attaining more footing in digitization, most of the activities and departments of both the central and the state government are getting linked with the power of Information Technology and digitization. In line with this, the government has been making use of the biometric data in the Aadhar pass and seeding with all the important aspects of the lives of the citizens. The latest venture, initiated by two giant corporations, one associated with OS development and the other associated with iris mapping technology, have been announced. Under this venture, the citizens of the country will be able to use smartphones, which run on an OS that will be activated by iris scanning technology.
Companies taking part in the venture
As the two main features of the venture are development of an Operating System that will be able to work via tapping into the biometric iris data, stored in the Aadhar card, it was but obvious that the partners in the activity will have to be associated in these fields. Indus OS is well-known as a brand that develops multi-lingual national OSs. On the other hand, the biggest player, providing the technology of iris scanning in the country is Delta ID. These two corporate giants have joined hands in preparing something unique.
What they are offering?
With the new OS that Indus OS is creating, you will no longer have to worry about the theft of confidential information from the phone. Delta ID is assisting the OS developing company in creating software that will map the iris of the person and match it with the data stored on the Aadhar card. It will be the authentication key and when the data matches, only then, the OS will give the phone owner to the confidential info or services.
Reaching the Indian market
Both the companies have high expectations with the success of the product. As over one billion people have already received their Aadhar cards and the percentage of individuals using smartphones have increased, it is expected that the product will do good. For the comfort of the common people, the OS will be launched in 12 separate local languages.
How it works?
The following are the ways in which the entire authentication process and OS activation will take place:
- The hardware as well as the software will be designed in such a manner that they can detect the biometric information related to mapping the unique patterns on the iris of the eyes. The phone will be provided with a scanning camera and it will map the iris of the user.
- Once the inbuilt scanner has done the mapping, the Operating System will collect the data and gain access to the main server of the UIDAI. Once the scanned data has been encrypted, necessary steps will be taken to match the data for authentication.
- While the server is matching the data, the software will have to for the approval via “Yes” token or for disapproval via “No” token. When the positive token is provided by the UIDAI server, the user of the phone will be able to take part in all Aadhar Card related activities.
Features of the OS
- The safety guaranteed by the OS is impeccable. As the OS can only be activated by providing the iris scan and then it is matched with the Aadhar card data, there are very few chances of any mistakes. An unauthorized person will not be able to access the phone or the Aadhar based activities.
- The process is very simple. If the scheme gets implemented, then the customers will not have to worry about tackling the multiple complex layers of security clearances in their smartphones. All will be done via accessing one step.
- As the iris mapping hardware will be provided by the Delta ID and it will be incorporated into the operating system developed by Indus OS, the entire process of scanning and authentication of ID will be fast and cost-effective.
Companies associated with the scheme
As per the reports, the operating system developing company, Indus OS has been holding talks with the national smartphone manufacturing companies like Intex, Micromax, Celkon, Swipe and Crabon for making products, which will be able to work on the unique and one-of-a-kind OS. With the implementation of the service, getting access to Aadhar Pay, DigiLocker, and other services easy and 100% secure.
Perks for the manufacturers
Due to the implantation of digitization, the central and state governments have been encouraging the Indian citizens in opting for the online Aadhar connected service. It will assist the government in achieving the target of Digital India. Thus, people will opt for the products, which are associated with this particular OS.
Some Other Related Articles: