How to Download Aadhar Card Online or get duplicate when it lost. Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique number that is provided to the residents of India on the basis of the biometric and demographic data that is collected from each of the residents.
|Agency that provides Aadhaar||Unique Identification Authority of India (UIADAI)|
|Objective of the agency||Collect biometric and demographic details of the Indian residents|
|Launch date of Aadhaar||January 2009|
In the wake of new technologies, the importance of linking the personal details with the governmental data base has become mandatory. This system is provided for the legalization of the citizenship of the individuals in the proper manner. The system also assists the government in bringing the economic details of the person in one particular server. This has been done so that all the governmental departments can get the identification of the person quickly.
The system will also eliminate the need of carrying the hard copies of the identification on the part of the people. Another advantage of the system is that it will stop individuals from illogically entering and operating in the country. Though this system was operational in many of the western countries, it was not applied in India. But, the central government under Narendra Modi has taken the initiative to put the same to use in India as well.
Getting your unique identification code
The task of allotting an individual identification code to all citizens of India is not an easy task. Speculations were high that the operation will fail owing to the large percentage of urban and rural population. Though the scheme had to face many challenges in the initial stages, the work progresses smoothly and the task is still on in full swing.
The unique identification code is provided in the form of Aadhar Card. This card contains all the details of the person, like the name, address, guardian’s name, contact details and so on. To make it more full proof, the personal identifications like the finger prints and eye mapping have also been done and the data has been uploaded in the server that is monitored by the central government.
UIDAI is an agency of the government of India that is focused on collecting biometric data of the Indian residents and providing them with the Aadhaar card which consists of the Aadhaar number. This system of providing unique identification to the residents of India was started 6 years back and since then the government of India has been taken quite some measures to make Aadhaar the most important of identification. Now it is being used for several schemes and gaining importance day by day. The government is encouraging people to link their respective banks accounts, pension accounts, etc. to the Aadhaar number. It makes a lot of government processes easy and creates a transparent system in the country.
Government has made the process of applying and receiving of Aadhaar card very easy so that people do not find it complicated and thus avoid it. UIDAI has an official website that makes many important service available online.
Online processing of downloading the Aadhar Card
The system of registering the details of the individuals and the processing of the Aadhar card was done via manual process. But once the operational nitty-gritties were mastered by the departments, the entire method has been available online. This not only saves a lot of time but also leaves very little scope for errors. So, if you want to make some changes in the Aadhar Card of want a duplicate copy, in the event that you have lost the original card, you can apply online and download it from the registered government portals.
For a lot of application or availing a service or for paying bills and taxes, Aadhaar card copy or the number has been mad essential. So for the ease of the people the UIDAI has made possible the download of e-Aadhaar which can be downloaded and stored to your electronic systems.
Now this option is available for you if you have already applied for the Aadhaar card and you are waiting for it get delivered to your house. In the meanwhile you can download the e-Aadhaar card from the official portal of UIDAI. Or in case you have an Aadhaar card but have lost it or do not have it with you currently then also you can download the e-Aadhaar card.
For downloading your e-Aadhaar you need to first know the status of your Aadhaar by visiting the official website. In case it has been generated then you can easily download it.
Download the Aadhar Card from portals
If you have the basic knowledge of operating a computer and the internet connection, then the task of downloading the Aadhar card is not a big deal. To start the process, you will require the unique identification number assigned to you. The following steps must be followed for acquiring the card:
- Sit on a computer and use the internet to get connected to the government registered portal that will assist you in acquiring the card, without going to the enrolment offices. Log on to the registered e-Aadhaar website.
- When the page opens, you will see lots of tabs. You need to know which tab must be clicked on to progress towards your goal of getting the Aadhar card generated online. Click on the button that displays ‘Enrolment ID’ or the ‘Aadhar’ button.
- A page will appear and the empty tabs must be filled in. The unique identification code or the Aadhar number, along with the name of the individual, residential address, PIN code, and active mobile number must be fed in.
- When the button displaying the message ‘Get One Time Password’ appears, you must click on it to get the code that will help you to proceed towards the goal of getting the online generated card.
- Once you click on the button, the site will automatically generate a code that will be sent to the mobile number provided by you. This password is for one time use only and it will come as a text dispatch.
- The OTP that you get must be entered in the proper slot and then you have to click on the button that displays ‘Validate and Download’. As soon as you do this, the e-Aadhaar Card can be downloaded on the system you are using.
- Last but not the least; you need to enter the PIN code as it will open the secured file. Once the file has been opened, you will be able to get the print out and use it as you please.
Download Aadhar Card with Aadhaar Number
The method of acquiring the Aadhar Card is much different and easier as compared to the ways of acquiring PAN or Voter ID cards. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website can be logged in to and you can get the printed copy of the Aadhar card. There is no need to worry as it will be considered as a legitimate Aadhar letter in all places. When people are applying for getting the online Aadhar card, the website will primarily provide them with a response slip with orientation details. Either EID or the UID code may be used for the generation of the e-Aadhra Card.
The following are some of the steps, which must be kept in mind for the generation of the unique identification code via online process:
- If you want to get hold of the e-Aadhar card then first of all, you need to log on to the registered webpage. The official link of the page is uidai.gov.in. After this, you need to click on the tab ‘Aadhar online services’ and then click on the button displaying ‘Aadhar enrolment’.
- When you click on the button ‘Download Aadhar’ will you be automatically redirected to official web page of https://eAadhar.uidai.gov.in/ and then, you will need to select one of the two options, EID or UID, whichever you have.
- After this, you must feed in the Aadhar code or the enrolment code and then type in all information, like, name, residential address, PIN, mobile number and picture captcha. This will be flowed by clicking on the button that will generate the OTP code.
- The OTP will be directly sent to the mobile number that you have provided in the form of a SMS and this will be your key to acquiring the e-Aadhar card. After entering the OTP, you will have to click on the button that says “Download.”
- This will automatically spearhead the process of card generation and you will get the e-Aadhar card in PDF format. The computer you are using must have the Adobe Reader software as without it, you will not be able to open the file.
When all this has been done, you will be able to get access to the online generated copy by typing in the PIN code. All that is left to be done is getting the print out of this and you will get hold of a valid Aadhar Card substitute.
Download e-Aadhar card by EID (Enrollment Number)
There are many important details, present on the acknowledgement draft that has been generated and one of these happens to be the EID or the Enrolment code. With the help of this enrolment number, one will be able to get to an online copy of the Aadhar card. Following the steps mentioned below will be of must assistance in this process:
- Logging on the registered and official web page, associated with the particular service is the first step. You have to log on to uidai.gov.in and then click on the tab, market as ‘Aadhaar Online Services.’ This must be followed by clicking on the ‘Download Aadhaar’ option. As soon as you do this, the page will redirect you to the e-Aadhar site.
- The 14 figure EID code is present on the acknowledgment slip along with a time stamp. Once you have entered all the necessary personal details, the site will start the process of generating the OTP that will be sent to you in a SMS format.
- Once the OTP has been typed in the proper slot, you will receive the e-Aadhar card in PDF format. It can be opened and printed out when required. The print out will work as a substitute of the original card.
Downloading e-Aadhar card without the EDI (Enrollment Number)
In case you do not possess the slip and the EDI code that comes with it, you can get the e-Aadhar card by directly logging on to the registered web page of the UIDAI. The webpage of UIDAI is www.uidai.gov.in. Resort to the following steps to retrieve the Aadhar card generated online:
- ‘Aadhaar Online Services’ is the tab that must be clicked to get to the option that displays ‘Retrieve Lost ‘UID/EID.’ It will assist you in getting the EDI code that you have lost.
- After this, you will have to enter the name of the person, email or the mobile number, and the security captcha. Once this has been done, the OTP will be generated and sent to the mobile number.
- The code that you receive in the SMS will assist you in making the request of generating the e-Aadhar card valid. Once the verification of the OTP has been done, the details of enrolment slip will be provided to you.
Printing the online generated Aadhar Card
Once all the hard work of generating the e-Aadhar card has been complete, the only thing left is acquiring the print out of the card. As the online version of the card is generated in PDF version, you will have to gain access to it by installing the software called Acrobat Reader. When the file has been opened, you can click on the button that displays ‘Print’ and get the preview of the document that has to be printed. In case you are not in possession of a printing machine at home, download and save the file in any external storage device and get it printed from any cyber café.
With the help of the above mentions steps and instruction you will be able to easily download your e-Aadhaar card. It is still recommended that you read all the instructions that given on the website of UIDAI before you download your e-Aadhaar. This will help from making any mistakes.
Thus, you see, there is no need to lose your night’s slumber by pondering over how to get another identification card. Operating the sites is easy and anyone will be able to do it by themselves. If you are not a 100% sure about your computer operating skills then this article will help you in brushing it up significantly.
Related Other Aticles: