Checking the Status of Aadhar Card by Online, Post, Mobile. Much has been said about the advantages of registering for an Aadhar Card. It will not only give you a unique identification number that will eliminate the worries of caring the hardcopy of documents but will also assist the government in keeping track of the citizens. It will prove to be an effective tool in eradicating the threat of terrorists, taking shelter in the country illegally. Though the scheme is in its initial stages and much needs to be done to make it more active, the government is making progress. Most of the areas have been brought under it and what is left will be addressed within a short time.
Getting Aadhar Card from online portal
During the time of its initiation, all the work of enrolling the details were done manually. The cards were sent to the individuals via postal services. After a certain time, the government made the entire process was digitalized. Portals were launched under the supervision of the government, which gave the citizens the advantage of opting for the online process of generating the Aadhar Card.
Now, portals will assist you in checking the status of the individual identification pass. The system will save a lot of time and effort for the people. They will not have to make rounds of the enrolment centers anymore. They can just log on to the official web page and check whatever they want to see. The Aadhar Card generated online can be printed out, and it will act as the valid proof of their identity.
As most people link their mobile phone contact details, they can get to know about the status of their Aadhar card via SMS that will be directly sent to the number they have registered. Both the methods, which have been mentioned in the earlier parts of the write up is easy anyone with the basic knowledge about computer operations will be able to handle it.
Checking status of Aadhar card online
If you want to check the status of your Aadhar card on the portal, then the flowing steps will come in handy:
- The first thing that you need to do is log on to the UIDAI official web page. For this, you will need a system and an internet connection. It can be done on your smartphone as well.
- At the very bottommost part of the page, you will see that a section that has been marked as ‘Aadhaar Services.’ Here, you will also see the link that will revert you straight to the page download and enrolment section.
- Clicking on the will assist you in getting to the part that has been marked as Aadhaar Kiosk. Many options are highlighted here. These include changing or updating the details of the identification pass along with its enrollment. You will also get the option that will help you in checking the current status of the identification pass.
- When you look at the various option buttons, you will be able to see that the third tab will give you the link for checking the current status of the card. The tab has been highlighted with Check Aadhaar Status.’ The tabs are placed on the left of the official webpage.
- When this option has been clicked, you will get the chance to take a look at the current status of your unique identification pass, simply known as the Aadhar card.
- Then you will have to type in some of the details, which will be required to progress to the next part. The list of the data includes Enrolment ID, date and the time in the specified format.
- Then you will have to type in the security code. The code is also available on the same page. Once you have done this, you need to take the mouse pointer on the button marked as ‘Check Status’ and click.
Don’t have your Enrollment Code?
If you are not aware of the Enrollment ID, then you have to take a close look at the application form. At the very top part of the acknowledgment slip, a 14 figured enrollment code is provided. There is also a 14 figured date-time data that tells you when the enrollment was done. All these digits together will form your momentary Enrolment ID (EID). If you want to start afresh or feel that a wrong data has been entered, then you can cancel the entire process.
Verification of the mobile number on portal
It is not necessary for you to check the current status of the Aadhar Card by logging on to the webpage. The process can also be done on the mobile phone. It is done by generating an SMS that will give you details of your identification pass. If you want to opt for this, then you need to check out the following steps:
- When you want to get the details on your phone, you will have to register the contact details. This can be done by logging on to the website. When the Aadhar card is in question, you need to log on to the official portal of UIDAI.
- When the page opens, you will notice that there is a section that has been marked as ‘Aadhar Services.’ It is located at the very footer of the page. Here, the official link for Enrolment/Download E-aadhaar/Update’ is also given.
- Clicking the link will take you to the area that is marked as Aadhaar Kiosk, and here, you will have to choose one of the many options, which are being displayed.
- On the right side of the page, you will find an option that is marked as ‘Verify Email/Mobile’ and when you click here, you will to a page where your mobile number must be typed in.
- The next step is entering the private details. One of them happens to be the 12 figured Aadhar code and either your mobile number or your active e-mail address. You will be given a code. When this is entered in the right slot, you must click on the button marked as ‘Generate Verification Code.’
- A verification code will be forwarded to the mobile number, and you will have to enter that. For the completion of this process, you have to bring the mouse pointer on the button marked as ‘Verify’ and click.
Checking the status of Aadhar Card via mobile phone
In case you are not accustomed with the online process of checking the current position of your unique identification pass, then you can opt for the same by using your mobile phones. The process is simple and you need to send a SMS to the government department that is in charge of overseeing the entire process.
For requesting the message about the current status of the identification pass, you need to type “UID STATUS _14 digit enrolment number” and send the message to the toll free number 51969. This will send your request to the central server of the department and your request will be processed accordingly.
If the department has issued the unique identification pass then a SMS will be forwarded to your mobile phone. This message will contain the Aadhar number. If the pass has not been generated, then the last known status of the pass will be sent to you via a SMS.
Process of checking status of Aadhar card with acknowledgment credentials
If you know how to operate the computer and the internet, then this will be a piece of cake for you. Once you are logged into the UIDAI website, you will have to click on the link that is given at the footer of the web page. The link has been marked as ‘Aadhaar Services.’ Doing this is necessary for advancing to the next phase. Once you open the link, you will get more links, which are associated with one thing or another. The only similarity is that all these are associated with Aadhar card. The link that will assist you in checking the status of the card is also present here. It will be done when you click on the link marked as ‘Check Aadhaar Status.’
When you click on the link, you will come across a web page that must be filled in with many details. There are separate slots for each detail. Some of the slots are marked with an asterisk (*) mark. This means that these slots must be filed to advance to the next segment. The Enrolment ID, time and date and the four numeral security cipher are mandatory. When this task has been completed, you need to click on a lick, marked as ‘Check Status.’ The link is placed in the footer of the page.
Checking status Aadhaar card without acknowledgment facts
Many cases had been reported where the people did not have access to the enrollment details. Does this mean they will not be able to check out the status of the identification pass? Not! The government has been taken necessary steps and reformed the online portals in such a way that people can check the status even without the registration codes.
The first step is logging in on the authorized web page of the government department that is popularly known as UIDAI. For the next step, you will have to scroll to the bottom of the page to get the link of ‘Aadhaar Services.’ Clicking on the link will open a new page, and here, you will have to click on the button marked as ‘Find UID/EID.’ It is located on the left-hand side and is the fourth link from the top.
After completion of the step, you will get a webpage that will give you the option of choosing whether you would like to receive the Aadhar or Enrollment code that you have lost. In case you have lost the codes then you will have to click on the button marked as ‘Enrolment No”. When you have clicked on the button, the site will require your personal details. These details include the name and the contact number. You can also provide the e-mail address.
There is a specific section that will provide you with the security codes, and after entering these numerals, you will have to click on the button that is marked as ‘Get OTP.’ This will generate the OTP number, and it will be forwarded to the mail address or the mobile number in an SMS format. You have to type the OTP thus generated, in the specific space on the page and then click on the button marked as ‘Verify OTP.’ It will prompt the site to generate the Enrolment numerals, and it will be forwarded to the e-mail address or as an SMS.
Checking the status of the Aadhar card through post
Any detail, associated with the delivery and the other status update of the Aadhar card can also be checked on the authorized web page of the Indian Post. UIDAI has offered the facility of transporting the card right to the door steps of the individuals without charging any money. Once you have provided all the private details at the enrollment center, your identification pass will be transported within 60 to 90 days, at the residential address, provided by the individual. Checking the status of the transportation can be easily checked by inquiring at any post office. You just have to produce the Aadhar code. If you have access to the computer and the internet, you need not venture out of the house for acquiring the details about the card.
Some Related Articles