BHIM UPI App Features, Use, Download for (WINDOWS, iPhone, IOS), Transaction limit and charges for add Account
What is BHIM App?
Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi launched Aadhar based BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) App which helps authenticate users biometric information uploaded on his Aadhar card account making use of finger-print scanner. With the implementation of this App it is certain that users don’t have to worry about keeping in mind the details of their bank accounts. The App authenticates your bank account Pin codes and offers users with hassle free transactions.
It is certain that with BHIM customers and merchants alike can send and receive money. This can be done via getting linked your Aadhar and Bank account. The app will perform a scan of your finger print and match it with your Aadhar details. This method is used for authentication process. NPCI had launched this service for merchants.
What is UPI?
UPI (Unified Payments Interface) is a smart application interface that allows customers to perform money transactions (Payments) between bank accounts making use of their smart phones. BHIM App makes sending and receiving money easy. The process can be performed offline or online for any account type. One main benefit of UPI is that when performing these transactions you don’t have to feed in wallet or net banking passwords, credit or debit card details or IFSC code of the bank.
Aadhar card role in BHIM App
The new BHIM App is also called as Aadhar-Based App, so it is certain that this new App uses the information from your Aadhar card account for verifying and authentication process. As your Aadhar card has all information related to your identity so it is certain that all this information is used by the BHIM App when verifying account.
Even when opening your new or updating your old bank account, you have to provide with your Aadhar card copy so it is certain that all this information is also available with your Bank. As your Aadhar card also has your finger print scan so this feature is used by BHIM App. The moment you want to make or receive any payment to the merchants account BHIM App will scan your finger prints and authenticate it after verifying it from your Aadhar card account.
BHIM App Features
BHIM App offers users with convenience of E-Wallet. This certainly is one of the easiest ways to send or receive payments. Following are some of the most basic features offered by BHIM App.
- Using the BHIM App it is possible for anyone to transfer and receive payments and perform transactions to any bank account.
- The process of performing the transactions just takes a few minutes and is hassel free.
- As the transactions can be performed using your smart phones so it is certain that you have the convenience of making payments at any time, even at hours when banks are not working.
- One of the main benefits of BHIM App is that users don’t have to get registered to make payments in advance. The process can be performed instantly at user’s convenience.
- To make or receive the payments you just need to feed in the mobile number. This eliminates the need for you to keep a track of merchant’s bank account number. Click here for Add/ Update /link the mobile number in Aadhar Card.
- When performing transaction using BHIM App there certainly is no need for you to activate internet banking code as this App works on UPI.
BHIM App download and installing process for Windows, iPhone, IOS
BHIM App for WINDOWS
The benefit of using BHIM App is that you can use it on your Windows based PC or mobile. Before using you need to keep in mind that BHIM App is meant to be used on your smart phone but it is also supported by Windows OS. To download you need to make use of Android emulator but this may be a difficult task as you may not find emulator available for download online unofficially.
Another method to download BHIM App on Windows is to install Blue stacks first on your device.
- Once you installed Blue stacks emulator then you need to download Blue stacks app player on your device.
- The next step is to open the emulator and on the search bar you can type BHIM and click enter.
- The moment you click enter you are redirected to Google Play where you can click the BHIM App icon.
- Once clicked the process of download and installation will start.
To make or receive payments you may have to link your bank account. Apart from this as you are using it on your Window based device so you will also have to register your mobile number for account activation.
BHIM App for iPhone
You can download and install BHIM App on your iPhone 5, 6, 7 from Google Play or iTunes store. The process of download and installation will only take a few minutes. You just need to follow the below stated steps to get started.
- Type BHIM App in the search box on Google play store or iTunes store. iTunes also offers BHIM App for iPhone 5, 6, and 7.
- The moment you see BHIM APK then you just need to click on install option and wait for the APK to download and install on your device.
- Once the process has completed and App installed you just need to get started with selecting your preferred language.
- You have to verify access via SMS and Phone State. After this you have to click Get started option.
- Before using BHIM App you have to verify mobile number via SMS. You have to register and link your bank account to it. You have to feed in the 4-digit code for verification.
- You also have to make the selection of your Bank from the list provided. This process will request you to enter your 6-digit debit card number and valid month and year.
- Once you receive the confirmation code then you can receive or send payments using BHIM App via iPhone.
BHIM App for IOS
- First you get started with launching the App from the Store on your IOS device. A simple search can provide you with the download link for BHIM App.
- Once you find the download link you need to look around for its details page provided by NPCI.
- A simple click on Install option will launch and install the App on your IOS device.
- Next step you just have to add your bank account and make necessary selections. Fill in a few details of your bank account and mobile verification process.
- Once the App is launched on your device you can now send and receive payments from merchants account.
How to add account with BHIM App?
Presently anyone can link their bank account to BHIM App. You need to keep in mind that users can only link one bank account to the App. The interface will not allow users to add multiple bank accounts.
- The moment you have completed the process of download and installation on your device you have to set up your bank account. This process will help link the device to your default bank account using your mobile phone number.
- This is also important for anyone who wants to send and receive payments. Apart from this you can always change the bank account later on.
- When making the selection of bank account you have to select one from the list provided in the drop box menu. This selection will become your default account.
How to use BHIM App?
Below stated is a step-by-step instruction on how to use BHIM App.
- If you are using the App from your Android phone then you can always go to the play store and install it on your device. Very few options for using the App on iOS devices are available presently.
- After installation and making the selection of your preferred language you have to complete the process of verification. After this step is completed you will have to set up your passcode.
- This process will enable you to add your bank account to the BHIM App. The App will automatically make the selection of the default bank account from your mobile number. This will be used for performing all transactions.
- Using the App you can perform three different types of options – pay/scan, request and send payments. Here you need to keep in mind that all three options can only be performed between two verified numbers using BHIM App.
- The process of transferring money using BHIM App is very much simplified. You just need to provide with a verified phone number and click send and the payment shall be made.
- When making payment the App will also request you to provide with MPIN code for authentication. This is in general 4 to 6 digit code number that is secured for each user.
- Apart from this you can also try and request payment using the QR code. You will find this number on the main profile page.
Facility provided by BHIM App
- One basic facility provided is that it enables you to transfer funds for sending and receiving money to bank accounts instantly.
- You can transfer funds at your own convenience during official or non-official hours.
- The transfer can be performed using your mobile phones instantly without delays. The process is also simple for anyone to use.
- The transfer of funds can be made to any other e-payment account or even to your personal bank account.
- Special pay and scan option also allows users to make fast payments to any consumer or merchants accounts.
- You can also use this App to check your available balance as it is just not restricted to parent bank server.
- FAQ section provides with answers to all queries for any novice user. If you are using the app for the first time you can always refer to the FAQ section.
- In case you are having any payment issues then it is possible for you to directly get connected to the bank representative or customer care executive.
Added facilities offered
- As this App is launched nationwide so you can make selection from nine different languages to perform your transactions.
- The app also provides you with an option where you can transfer money using your Aadhar number. When performing this transaction you need to link your bank to your Aadhar card number.
- In case you notice any scam then it is also possible for you to block that particular user. This feature will ensure that you don’t fall prey to any scammers.
- In case you notice any scam then you always can report it to the customer care using this app.
Is it available online or offline?
As this app is making use of your Aadhar number which is linked to your bank account on your mobile phone so it is certain that this app works with or without internet connection. This feature is an added benefit for users as they don’t have to depend on internet connection to make payments.
Transaction limit and charges on BHIM App
- BHIM App offers with simple usability for anyone. If you are aware of using PAYTM or other E-Wallets then you may find this App very much similar to them. One main benefit is that this app works on VPA when performing your transactions.
- According to the sources it is certain that BHIM App offers you with a limitation of Rs 10,000 in a single transaction. If you are willing to make another transaction then you can send or receive another Rs 20,000 after 24 hours.
- Presently this app does no charge you with any transaction fee so it is available for free for your transactions. There are chances that later on some nominal amount can be charged as transaction fee.
Speed of BHIM App
The App works on new improved UPI, so it is certain that all your transactions are made instantly, without further delays. Within fraction of seconds you can make or receive payment to and from any account. Using this app you can also refund any payment back to the payees account in seconds.
Other features like collecting bank balance can also be performed within seconds. If you notice any scam then you can block the customer just by a single click. Besides, adding accounts and all other features of BHIM App can be performed instantly. You don’t have to wait for one or two days for performing any transactions.
Banks under BHIM App
NPCI has stated that it expects all private banks will get linked with BHIM App. This will enable all private sector banks to build a common payment interface for consumers and merchants to take benefit of digitalized payment.
According to latest news there are as many as 37 banks from private and government sectors that have linked with the BHIM App. The list includes names of government sector banks like Union bank, State bank, Bank of Baroda and Bank of India.
As BHIM App offers with transaction facilities so it aims to link more banks to its existing list. There are also indications that PSBs (Private sector banks) such as PNB, Punjab and Sind Bank, Corporation bank and SBI will also be joining this list for their consumers and merchants.
There area number of PSBs that have already begun with the process of adopting and getting used to UPI. Many such banks have already started setting u their digital payment platforms. These banks already are providing customers with their own e-wallet methods for payments (PNB kitty and SBI buddy).
According to sources it is also certain that these banks have a huge database of active customers. It is certain that their link with BHIM App will certainly bring about a new revolution in banking history. Ever since the launch of BHIM App nearly 3.6 million users have already added their bank accounts to this app.
List of other supportive banks include Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, Allahabad Bank, Central bank, Canara Bank, Catholic Bank, DCB Bank, ICICI Bank, Dena Bank, HDFC Bank, IDBI Bank, IDFC Bank, Federal Bank, IOB, Indian Bank, Kotak Bank, Indusind Bank, RBL Bank, OBC, Karur Vysya bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Syndicate Bank, UBI, UCO Bank, United Bank, Vijaya bank, and TJSB.
In the near future NPCI expects this list to grow as more number of banks will join the revolution to promote cashless economy in the country for transactions.
Limitations of BHIM App
BHIM App offers users with instant money transactions. It offers with a number of conveniences to users including linking your bank account to the app and checking with balance statements. You don’t have to feed in your banks IFSC code for performing transactions. The process of sending payments is also easy and just requires a few clicks on your smart phone. With this in mind there certainly are a number of limitations or con factors of this App.
- As this app is just developed by the developers so it is still under trial. This means that the app could be having a number of bugs that needs to be taken care of. Just like most online transaction wallets it does not offer with centralized security for transactions.
- Apart from this as the server is newly developed so it is certain that it runs slow at times when performing. One of the reasons is that too many users are using this facility at the same time.
- The software also needs to be upgraded as many times OTP is not generated for users.
- Users are only able to transfer Rs 10000 in a single transaction. So if you want to transfer more amounts BHIM App will not allow you to do it.
- There is also a limitation that users can transfer only Rs 20000 per day and not more. This means that for your transactions you have a limitation of RS 20,000 in 24 hours.
- In present time BHIM App does not support Maestro cards. So if you want to link your Maestro card then you may not be able to use this app.
- Till date only 37 banks nationwide have linked their services to BHIM App.
This is the first of its kind App developed by India. It still offers you with bank activation facility with or with internet connection. The process of activation of the app also takes around 3 minutes on your smart phone.
The app offers with very user’s friendly interface and easy to follow guidelines. It supports multiple languages for users from different parts of India. It performs transactions only after completing the process of verification of the account holder.
Some Other Related Articles: