How to add, update or link the mobile number in the Aadhar Card. If the reports are to be believed then the current government is trying to make the Aadhar Card the only document that will take care of all your identity and residency proofs. Gone are the days when you had to deal with the pressure of producing separate documents to support your residential and identity claims. The Aadhar Card has provided the citizen of the nation with unique code that will separate one individual from the other.
The implementation of the Aadhar card was started under the Congress government. But it was unable to gain success. Under the BJP government, strict measure has been taken to ensure that 100%population can be brought under the system. During the last attempt, taken around 5 years back and during the initial days of the current attempt, many people were unable to get their contact details or the mobile number registered. With the seeding of the Aadhar card with the bank accounts, LPG connection, ticket booking, doctors’ appointment and so on, it has become necessary to get the contact details added or updated in the Aadhar Card.
Adding and linking the mobile number in Aadhar Card
For those who have not been able to get their mobile number registered in the Aadhar card due to any reason, they will be able to add the current contact number now by some Steps:
- Visit Nearest Aadhaar Centre:
- Fill the Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form
- Attach an Identity Proof
- Verify Biometrics
By visiting the Enrolment Centre near them. They will have to fill an updating form and the rest will be taken care of by the agents in the enrollment centers. For adding the contact detail in the Aadhar Card, one will have to fill in the Aadhar Card Correction Application Form. To acquire this form, the willing candidate will have to click on the official link of UIDAI. If this opportunity is not available, then the person will be able to send an official request to the UIDAI office. The request must be sent by post and officers will take the necessary steps to add the contact details in the Aadhar card of the respective person.
Updating the mobile number online in Aadhar Card
The following steps will help a person in getting the mobile phone number updated to their respective Aadhar card:
- The first thing that one needs to do, for updating the contact details to the Aadhar card is to click on the official website. The official hone page of the UIDAI can be reached by clicking on the link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/update
- Once the home page opens, the person will have to type in the 12 digit code that is mentioned on the pass. The person must be careful while entering the code in the proper tab. If there are any errors, then the result will not be appropriate.
- Once the verification code has been entered, the page will ask the person to enter the text code that has been generated for verification. Once the text verification has been done, the OTP will be generated and it will be sent to the mobile of the person via SMS.
- This OTP must be used to activate the opting that needs to be clicked for updating, changing or editing the previous mobile number. When the right link has been clicked, the person will get the chance to manually type in the new contact number.
Some Other Aadhar Card Articles: