Aadhar Card linking is mandatory. Though the implementation of the Aadhar card was stared in the year 2009, it has reached the heights of success only after the BJP party came to power. The Modi government has taken strict measures for the implementation of the pass. The code in the Aadhar card is used for linking all major aspects of life.
The Aadhar card contains the biometric information of the person and provides a Unique Identification Code to all citizens. The central government has stated that the possession of the card is a must for all and without this; the people of the country will not be able to avail many facilities. With time, the central government included more and more public facilities in the category that requires the seeding of the Aadhar code. Though seeding the Aadhar code is mandatory in most of the cases, the importance of the other legal identification documents will still be prevalent.
Importance of Aadhar Card in financial matters
- Opening a bank account
The first decision that was taken by the central government was making the Aadhar document mandatory for the opening of any account in the banks. Any interested person who wishes to open a bank account will have to provide the Aadhar code. In case the person does not possess the Aadhar card, they will have to provide the bank with the enrollment ID. Without this, the bank will not allow the person to open an account. If the person has provided only the enrollment ID, they will have to provide the details of the Aadhar card within a span of six months. Failure to do so will cause in the deactivation of the account. Any monetary transaction that amounts to more than Rs. 50000, will require the presentation of the Aadhar details.
- Filing the tax returns
The next decision that the central government took was related to the filing of the tax return files. Till then, people opting to file the tax papers had to submit the details of the PAN card. With the seeding rule, the government announced that the people will have to seed their PAN and the Aadhar documents. In case they do not have the Aadhar card, the person will not be able to file the tax papers. Via this process, the government will be able to keep a tab on the tax evaders or those who use many PAN cards to evade tax payments.
Even though the Aadhar card has been made mandatory, the Supreme Court has commented that as per the law, a person who does not have a Aadhar card must not be forced to make one. But as per the announcements of the government, none of the financial activities can be carried out without this Unique Identification Code. You can also read Aadhar card is Mandatory for Tax filing and e-verification of Income Tax Return.
Importance of Aadhar card in health related matters
Many announcements have been made by the central and some state governments, which state that the people need to provide the Aadhar details for availing authorized facilities. For instance, according to the announcement of the state government of UP, either the patients or the relatives of the patient must provide Aadhar details if they desire to get ambulance services for free.
The Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme has been providing various facilities to the patients of TB. According to the latest announcements, all patients who want to get the advantage of getting free medicines for the treatment of TB will have to produce the Unique Identification Code. On the submission of the Aadhar card, they will also receive monetary assistance from the authority. Without the pass, the trained healthcare activists will not be able to operate in any of the health care facilities. The possession of the pass is a must for the female health workers.
Importance of Aadhar for acquiring welfare and subsidy benefits
For providing benefits to the people belonging to the backward and poor categories, the central government has announced many schemes. For example, all people who are engaged in the limestone, iron ore and beedi factories will acquire houses at subsidized rates. Other schemes state that for acquiring the benefit of supplementary nutrition or training related to e-panchayat, the interested candidates will have to provide their Aadhar documents.
Importance of Aadhar card for farmers
Soil Health Management Scheme, Soil Health Card Scheme and Integrated Department of Horticulture all work towards designing welfare programs for the people who are associated with agriculture. National Social Assistance Program and Research and Development in Water Sector are also associated with the same kind of activities. It has been announced that only those farmers will be able to enjoy the perks of the welfare scheme that have their Unique Identification Number.
Importance of Aadhar card in education
Many schemes have already been announced by the central government, which are associated with the development of students seeking education. According to the guidelines of the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, all physically handicapped pupils will be offered the educational benefits only if they are able to produce they possess the Aadhar pass. The age bracket set of these students is from 6 to 14 years. The registration for this scheme must be done by the 30th June, 2017. Those students, who have passed the 12th standard and wish to continue their quest for seeking higher education in colleges, can opt for scholarship under the national schemes. For getting the scholarship, the students will have to register their names in National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. The production of the Aadhar code is mandatory for the registration.
Importance of Aadhar card for vocational training and jobs
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme, National Rural Livelihoods Mission, Deendayal Antyodya Yojana are only some of the schemes, which have been announced by the government for providing employment opportunities to the unemployed. National Action Plan for Skill Training Program that has been designed to provide vocational training to those who are suffering from any kind of physical shortcomings will have to submit their Aadhar Code. The registration procedure must be completed within the 30th of June, 2017.
Importance of Aadhar card for economic and social empowerment
Scheme like Bonded Labour Rehabilitation and Grih Kalyan Kendra will also require the Unique Identification Code. If a person is interested in availing the perks under these programs then they will have to submit their Aadhar documents.
Importance of Aadhar card for children
Ministry of Women and Child Development has been announcing many schemes for the development of children. The parents will have to register the names of their children for availing the perks here as well. As expected, the government has announced that the registration will not be considered valid without the Aadhar Code. The students who are acquiring education from the government schools get mid day meals for free. According to the recent announcement, the students will have to submit their Aadhar number is they want to continue the facility. The government has set the deadline for the 30th of June, 2017, not only for the students but also the cooks and helpers who are associated with the scheme.
Importance of Aadhar card for the women
The central government has put lot of stress on the development and the protection of the mother. Without secure the health and wellbeing of the women, the government will not be able to guarantee the proper development of the children. From Janani Suraksha Yojana to Maternity Benefit Programme, the submission of the Aadhar card has been made mandatory by the government. So, all interested female candidates will have to fill the application or registration form and provide the authority with the Aadhar code. It will assist the authority in keeping a tab on the women who are getting benefited by these schemes.
Some Other thing Where Aadhaar Card linking is mandatory
The following list will give you a sneak peek into the thing for which, the production of the Aadhar code has been made necessary:
- For making an application of passport– Gone are the days when only the ID and address proof used to be enough to generate your passport. After the success of the Aadhar revolution, the government has announced that anyone who is applying for a new passport or want to update the details will have to produce the Aadhar card. The details related to the date on which the person was born and the residential address are all highlighted in the Aadhar pass. Thus, the person applying for the new passport or updating the passport will not have to worry about presenting other legal documents, which would support their ID claims. How to link Aadhar Card with Passport and Get it faster.
- Applying for the mobile phone connection –As the number of people, using the cell phone has increased by leaps and bounces, the government has instructed all the service providing companies to verify the existence of the customers with the help of the unique identification code. So, it is absolutely necessary for the person to get the Aadhar pass and the KYC form properly linked to each other. The Aadhar code must be highlighted in the application form that has to be filled for acquiring the new SIM card. Aadhar Based Instant e-KYC Verification for SIM Cards Activation.
- For getting food grains from the ration shops –The government is providing food grains and fuel to the poor sand the needy at low rates. But there are many people who take undue advantage of the facility. To stop this and supply more food grains for the deserving candidates, the government has announced that the ration cards must be linked with the Aadhar code. If you want to get a new ration card made, then the application form should be duly attached with the photocopy of the Aadhar document. Linking Ration Card with Aadhaar Card made mandatory.
- For claiming the pension of those associated with defense sector –Another problem arises while claiming the pension. It has been seen that the people associated with the defense sector face this problem the most. If the person associated with the filed dies, then the family members can claim the pension. To make the process easy, the government has passed a decree that states that all personnel, associated with defense and their members of their family will have to enroll for getting their Aadhar card made. Without this, they will not be able to claim the pension. EPF pension scheme or EPS Linking with Aadhaar Card is Mandatory.
- For getting new LPG connections –The government has already brought forward many schemes for the betterment of the poor women. One such program is the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojan. Under the program, the government will provide the women from the poor strata with free LPG connections. The main criterion for registering under the scheme is the possession of the Aadhar card. Without the unique identification code, the women will not be able to attain the benefits of the program. The scheme will not only assist the women in leading a better life but will also provide the government an easy method of tracking the success of the Yojana. Aadhar Card is Mandatory for Poor women For PM Ujjwala Yojana to get Free LPG Connection.
- For attaining or updating your driving license –Driving license has been long considered as an ID and address proof. According to the new decision of the government, any person who is applying for a new license or wants to update the license will have to attach a photocopy of the Aadhar card. It will assist the government in keeping a track of the number of legal and illegal licenses doing the rounds in the nation. All people, with false driving license will be brought under the law. This will also eliminate the chances of one person, having two driving licenses or a driver with the license generated in the name of another person. Link Aadhaar Card with Driving Licence is Mandatory for new and renew Licence.
- For getting the subsidy related to gas connections –Among the many policies hatched by the current government, one in particular attracted the attention of all homemakers. According to the scheme, the government will provide a subsidy on all the gas cylinders. Instead of taking less money, the subsidy on the cylinder will be promptly shifted to the active account of the person. In order to do this, the authorities must have the account details of all those who have the gas connections. As the seeding of the Aadhar pass and the bank account has been made mandatory, the pass has become necessary for opting for any new gas connection.
- Filling the KYC of the phone connections –Filling the Know Your Customer of the KYC form is a must for acquiring the mobile or the landline connections. The government wants to make sure that only the people with legal documents can get access to these facilities. For this, all the applications must be properly attached with the photocopy of the Aadhar card. This will make it easy for the authority to verify the details.
- For applying the Provident Fund account –Saving money is the provident fund accounts is nothing new. The government has also decided to seed the PF accounts with the Aadhar card of the individual. It will make the process of transferring the money hassle-free for both the employer and the employee. On top of this, the government will also be able to keep a close track on the transactions taking place in the PF accounts. If you are looking forward to opening a PF account, then you will have to provide the Aadhar details with the application form as well.
With the help of these steps, the government will be able to streamline the entire process. It will be less problematic for the holder of the unique identification code and also the various departments of the government in bringing everything under one verification system.